24 April, 2008

Church Meeting

This evening I attended my first Church Meeting in the UK. There were perhaps 80 people or more in attendance at the meeting - at least as many as you might find in the Sunday evening service. I was welcomed by name as a new member at my first meeting. The meeting opened with Bible reading, prayer and a hymn. Then we got down to 'business.'
As some of you may notice at once, there were one or two striking differences in this meeting to what I have been used to at home. For one thing, a significant percentage of the worshiping membership were actually present. For another, the meeting was specifically a Church meeting, involving scripture and song and more than one period of prayer. With those differences in mind. I truly felt that this was a meeting of God's people trying to be about Kingdom business. How encouraging. How comforting. What a blessing to be here.

No comments: